Flash: Interactive Patient Waiting Room

on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A recent project I worked on was to create a patient waiting room for a online medical course. The client wanted to present some patients to the students before they met them in an online course. The request was for something "flashy".

I knew of Doug McCune's coverflow component for Flex and thought this might be an opportunity to meet the client's request and present the patients in an interesting interface. In order to demo the project, I have changed the patient pictures with photos I got off the web (you'll recognize some celebrities) and I have disabled the function to view the patient chart.

Like most of my projects, this project reads in the display data via XML at runtime, so it is completely reusable. This project is not yet finalized so the background and some features may change. But it is a good example of implementing the coverflow carousel component into an elearning project.